runtime change to WINEDEBUG output

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Aug 25 16:29:24 CDT 2004

James Hawkins wrote:

>Hi,
>
>    Is there a way to change the trace options of WINEDEBUG during
>runtime?

WINEDEBUG=trace+all wine setup.exe 2>&1 | sed '1,/Debug mark/d'

Then you just need to bring the system menu up and click on "Put 'Debug
mark' in debug log" and debugging will then start. I seem to remember
that Mike Hearn submitted a patch a while ago that did exactly what you
are asking for, but Alexandre rejected it saying that it could be done
just as easily with external programs. I just haven't figured out how yet...

Rob