Localizing shell32/shv_item_cmenu.c:ISvItemCm_fnQueryContextMenu

Tobias Burnus burnus at gmx.de
Thu Aug 26 09:07:29 CDT 2004

Hello,

if I right click in the file open dialog, select a file and right click,
I get a context menu with English menu items.
Expected: I'll get a localized menu (e.g. in German).

Any idea how to get a localized version?

 From dlls/shell32/shv_item_cmenu.c
------------------------------------
* ISvItemCm_fnQueryContextMenu()
*/

static HRESULT WINAPI ISvItemCm_fnQueryContextMenu(
[...]
               _InsertMenuItem(hmenu, indexMenu++, TRUE,
FCIDM_SHVIEW_OPEN, MFT_STRING, "&Open", MFS_ENABLED);
               _InsertMenuItem(hmenu, indexMenu++, TRUE,
FCIDM_SHVIEW_EXPLORE, MFT_STRING, "&Explore", MFS_ENABLED|MFS_DEFAULT);
             }
[...]

Tobias

PS: the _InsertMenuItem function, defined in the same file, uses
InsertMenuItemA, one might want to change this to InsertMenuItemW.