Patch for CreateDIBitmap: Don't create monochrome bitmaps (help wanted)

Michael Kaufmann hallo at michael-kaufmann.ch
Thu Aug 26 15:00:48 CDT 2004

Hi!

>Could you integrate the DIB-Testcase program with the conformance
>framework? It seems like it would be a valuable addition and a good
>complement to your patch.

Currently I don't have the time to do this, but I'll try it eventually.

By the way: I've found some more incompatibilities:

- CreateCompatibleBitmap: If a DIB is selected into the device context,
CreateCompatibleBitmap should create a copy of this DIB. I don't know
how to implement this (how do we detect whether a DIB is selected?). I
found code to copy a DIB in dlls/gdi/brush.c

- CreatePatternBrush: The specification of this function has been
changed! Look at the function description (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/brushes_2ilk.asp
). Microsoft replaced "cannot be a DIB" with "can be a DIB"!

Maybe the specification of many more API functions has been changed. It
would be a good thing to check this systematically.

Regards

Michael