more debugger issues

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 27 15:52:48 CDT 2004

Chipzz a écrit :
> Hi all!
>
> As a saw a few updates to the debugger a couple of days ago, I decided
> to give the debugger another go. The problem with the stack trace is
> gone now, but now I get another problem when I attach to a running
> process, set a breakpoint and continue, the program crashes. When I in-
> stead don't set a breakpoint and continue, the program keeps running
> "fine":
>
> When setting the breakpoint:
 > [...]
>   10 0x408d9351 MsgWaitForMultipleObjects+0x41 in user32 (0x423bd148)
>   11 0x4163b91a (0x40915980)
this looks bad as a backtrace (the bp -in parenthesis- goes south). It
could dbghelp not supporting modules with FPO (frame pointer omission).
If you recompile wine, could you change the #if 0 in dlls/dbghelp/msc.c
in function pe_load_debug_directory into a #if 1, and see what gives.
Afterwards, the stack lookup goes wrong, hence the 16 bit addresses.

I'm don't know what goes wrong afterwards after setting the breakpoint
or not. Even the issues from above shouldn't impact the debuggee.

> Also, ctrl-c doesn't work to stop the program being debugged.
> Wien version is wine CVS Aug 23.
I'm working on it.

A+