working together on stdole.tlb and a end to dcom9x

Nyef nyef at softhome.net
Sat Aug 28 16:59:39 CDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 11:06:46PM +0200, Filip Navara wrote:
> Mike Hearn wrote:
>
> >It basically involves implementing the ICreateTypeLib interfaces in our
> >OLE dlls. Nyef did some great work on this but for stdole32.tlb we need
> >the other version, I think.
> >

> Can you elaborate more please? Looking at dlls/oleaut32/typelib2.c I see
> that the ICreateTypeLib2 interface is implemented.

The ICreateTypeLib2 interface is used to create the new-style MSFT typelibs.
The older ICreateTypeLib interface is used for the old-style typelibs. While
the newer interface also implements the older one, when you ask for the old
interface with CreateTypeLib() you get a completely different implementation.

I don't see why it necessarily follows that stdole32 wouldn't work as an MSFT
typelib, but the implementation of ICreateTypeInfo2 is badly incomplete in
places, and I would trust it to completely mess up any semi-complex type
library you attempt to create with it. Specifically, any type library that
involves functions or variables.

> Regards,
> Filip

--Alastair Bridgewater