CommonUnimpStub looping

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Aug 29 07:43:26 CDT 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:26:37 +0100, Robert Shearman wrote:
> Use the attached patch and run with warn+module.
>
> Rob

There's no need, I debugged this in January. The problem is that the IE
installer contains its own copy of advapi32 but it doesn't actually
implement all the functions that ours does. In particular some are
exported but just forward to the CommonUnimpStub function which is a bit
like our code which throws an exception.

Our GDI32 implementation uses one of the registry APIs that is implemented
by our advapi32 implementation, but when IE is loaded the advapi32 inside
the installer package takes precendence with the result that the GDI is
linked to stub code. So things blow up.

The solution is to force advapi32 to builtin so the older native version
is never loaded.

thanks -mike