ScrollBars and Wine

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 30 03:24:27 CDT 2004

Hi,
Last tuesday I reported some problems with Ultima OnLine AutoPatch
( http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user/7046 ), with the
last CVS and now I found some more information about the problem.
Seems like this NULL Pointer (because I think it's this the problem, seeing
the 0x00000000) is dereferenced everytime a scrollbar changes position or
size (at least while it's painted).
I had a similar problem trying to use Inside UO (program to find out data
inside the UO files, wrote in Delphi) and everytime I moved a scrollbar I
got an NULL Pointer Exception (but in that case it was handled by the
Delphi's Exception Handler, so the program didn't closed).
Similar problems have Dependency Walker and also native Regedit.

Every time I have this:

Backtrace:
=>1 0x00000000 (0x00001396)
  2 0x00000000 (0x00000000)
0x00000000: addb        %al,0x0(%eax)

as backtrace.
With the CVS of two weeks ago at least Dependency Walker run fine without
problems at all.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net - http://flameeyes.web.ctonet.it/