mixing SHELL32.DLL and SHFOLDER.DLL

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Aug 30 11:25:43 CDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> writes:
> > I would like to optimize Wine setup, where the optimization criterion is
> > achieving as small amount of native dll code used as it can be possible
> > (without loosing some required functionality).
> >
> > And combination of native shell32+shdocvw+shlwapi dlls are needed for mIRC
> > and TotalCommander to function more properly.
>
> Then the proper way is to fix shell32 etc. so that these apps can run
> with the builtins.

You know it can take quite a long time, maybe several years.  And I want
to run the apps right now.

> I don't think there's any reason to spend effort to allow all the shell
> dlls to be native except shfolder,

Lets say I am running out of space just for this 22 kBytes occupied by the
native shfolder.dll. :-P

> that's not a meaningful configuration.

So, you basically disagree with moving SHGetFolder[AW] code from
shell32.dll to shfolder.dll, right?