trouble debugging

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 23:05:01 CDT 2004

I have just run the program with WINEDEBUG=trace+shell and i will
attach the results to this message.  The last function to be called
before the crash is PathCompactPathW.  I'm not sure whether this is
the cause of the crash or not, but I put some test code (from msdn)
into the path section of the shlwapi test suite.  Here are the
results:

MSDN:
The un-truncated path is                C:\path1\path2\sample.txt
The truncated path at 125 pixels is :   C:\path1\...\sample.txt
The truncated path at 120 pixels is :   C:\pat...\sample.txt
The truncated path at 110 pixels is :   C:\p...\sample.txt
The truncated path at  25 pixels is :   ...\sample.txt

WINE:The un-truncated path is                C:\path1\path2\sample.txt
The truncated path at 125 pixels is :   C:\path1\path2\sample.txt
The truncated path at 120 pixels is :   C:\path1\path2\sample.txt
The truncated path at 110 pixels is :   C:\path1\path2\sample.txt
The truncated path at  25 pixels is :   C:\path1\path2\sample.txt

Im sure this isnt a very vital function, but I thought I would bring
it to the attention of the developers.

--
James Hawkins