Threading issues? [ck-request@ vds.kolivas.org: ck Digest , Vol 3, Issue 16]

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Mon Aug 30 03:07:32 CDT 2004

Quoting Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no>:
> Well, my theory is that in this situation, with the great new
> interactivity-boosting Linux scheduler, the wineserver is considered
> very interactive, and gets scheduled a lot more than the high-priority
> threads, just so it can satisfy the wait requests of the low-priority
> thread.

So what about introducing a new "scheduler flag" like the
processor affinity flag. Some process may set itself to
FLAG_NONITERACTIVE and the scheduler will never boost its
priority. This can be allowed for non-root processes, too,
as it doesn't increase the priority.

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]