[wine] Linux registry

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Aug 31 00:15:54 CDT 2004

Hmm,

How about a more general approach, then. I offered in the past to put
wine's registry into a relational database, for performance reasons.
That was turned down due to editability reasons.

However, how about we use a plugin mechanism. We will have the wine
built in text-file registry handler, and we will also have a plugin
mechanism by which we could write external registry handlers. This way,
wine could have registry in a relational database, in a binary windows
compatible file, or using these guys' project, and the end user will be
the one to decide which is best for them.

David Lee Lambert wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 03:27:49PM +0200, Robert van Herk wrote:

Lots of good reasons on why this project is not good enough to rely on.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.