more debugger issues

Chipzz chipzz at ULYSSIS.Org
Tue Aug 31 08:18:17 CDT 2004

Sorry for the late reply, but I was out of town for the weekend.

Anyway, it fails to compile:

Vector:/usr/src/wine/wine-0.0.20040615/dlls/dbghelp# make
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith  -O2 -g -o msc.o msc.c
msc.c: In function `pe_load_debug_directory':
msc.c:3049: warning: implicit declaration of function `DEBUG_Printf'
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../tools/winebuild -shared ./dbghelp.spec    dbghelp.o elf_module.o image.o memory.o minidump.o module.o msc.o path.o pe_module.o source.o stabs.o stack.o storage.o symbol.o type.o  dbghelp.dll.dbg.o   -o dbghelp.dll.so -L../../dlls  -lpsapi -lkernel32 -lntdll -L../../libs/wine -lwine
-L../../libs/port -lwine_port
msc.o(.text+0x4256): In function `pe_load_debug_directory':
/usr/src/wine/wine-0.0.20040615/dlls/dbghelp/msc.c:3049: undefined reference to
`DEBUG_Printf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: gcc failed.
make: *** [dbghelp.dll.so] Error 2

(Don't look at the date in the directory, it actually is the cvs version
as of 2004/08/26)

I only changed the #if on line 3042.

Anything else I need to change (or update to latest CVS)?

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Eric Pouech wrote:

> Chipzz a écrit :
> > Hi all!
> >
> > As a saw a few updates to the debugger a couple of days ago, I decided
> > to give the debugger another go. The problem with the stack trace is
> > gone now, but now I get another problem when I attach to a running
> > process, set a breakpoint and continue, the program crashes. When I in-
> > stead don't set a breakpoint and continue, the program keeps running
> > "fine":
> >
> > When setting the breakpoint:
>  > [...]
> >   10 0x408d9351 MsgWaitForMultipleObjects+0x41 in user32 (0x423bd148)
> >   11 0x4163b91a (0x40915980)
> this looks bad as a backtrace (the bp -in parenthesis- goes south). It
> could dbghelp not supporting modules with FPO (frame pointer omission).
> If you recompile wine, could you change the #if 0 in dlls/dbghelp/msc.c
> in function pe_load_debug_directory into a #if 1, and see what gives.
> Afterwards, the stack lookup goes wrong, hence the 16 bit addresses.
>
> I'm don't know what goes wrong afterwards after setting the breakpoint
> or not. Even the issues from above shouldn't impact the debuggee.
>
> > Also, ctrl-c doesn't work to stop the program being debugged.
> > Wien version is wine CVS Aug 23.
> I'm working on it.
>
> A+

kr,