Bug Busters

tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Wed Dec 1 00:23:46 CST 2004

James Hawkins wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:58:59 -0500, Adam Babcock <adam at nemesys.ca> wrote:
>
>>James Hawkins wrote:
>>

>>>I have a totally non-original idea for sessions called Bug Busters
>>>where, at a designated time, a group of wine developers would get
>>>together on #winehackers (or some other channel). We would pick a bug
>>>(or maybe more) from wine's bug tracker and work together to fix the
>>>bug(s).  This would serve several good purposed.  First, we would be
>>>giving more attention to wine's bugzilla and getting rid of a lot of
>>>those bugs.  Second, many newcomers can witness and take part in the
>>>wine development process.  I'm sure everyone can remember how daunting
>>>it is to jump into wine development.  Anyway, if anyone has any ideas
>>>or would like to take part in this, let me know and we'll get this
>>>started.
>>>

>>This is a good idea, same idea as Gentoo Bug Days, and those have been
>>extremely successful.
>>

> Awesome, I think it could be really successful with wine too.

This is a good idea but how do we decide which bug(s) to fix... Here is what I
think.

- The program that the bug involves has to be available to anyone. at least for
the first sessions (Search for keyword download in bugzilla reveals 146 candidates)
http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?product=Wine&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=download&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

- Older bugs bugs should be fixed first.

- More Popular programs should be take higher priority

--

Tony Lambregts