which classes support aggregation?

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 1 10:55:37 CST 2004

James Hawkins wrote:

>IClassFactory->CreateInstance aggregation check:
>"The CreateInstance method of IClassFactory takes pUnkOuter as the
>second member. This parameter must be null unless the class supports
>aggregation, which many don't."
>
>Where can I find out which classes support aggregation?

Generally, most classes don't bother with aggregation as it is only
something that OLE geeks get excited over. There are a few classes in
ole32 that support aggregation and it is specified as so in MSDN. So,
unless tests or MSDN say otherwise, just assume that a class doesn't
support aggregation.

Rob