[OLE #2] Provide Reference Implementation of DllCanUnloadNow

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Thu Dec 2 09:43:41 CST 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:41:42 -0600, Robert Shearman wrote:
> Do we still need to worry about that crap even though we don't link
> directly to other DLLs anymore?

I don't think we do, winelib DLLs are linked using -Bsymbolic meaning
global symbols internal to the library cannot be overridden by other
libraries like you would be able to normally.

If we still have problems with symbol interference we should apply a
versioning script to suppress ELF exports.

So I'd stick with just LockModule(). In fact the DLLNAME_ prefixes are
quite ugly, maybe it should be a janitorial task to get rid of them.

thanks -mike