Help with some strange debugging.

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 19:02:27 CST 2004

Hi, I kinda missed the bug bust lastnight but that
hasn't stopped me bug hunting.

Anyhow, I've been trying to fix a number of D3D
problems using in Thief 3, winedbg isn't being too
helpfull(The first breakpoint I set takes an age and
trying to start off again an exception), so I've been
trying to use relay to track down the problem.

The problem is, when I turn on relay the app has an
exception even earlier on and the debug log looks
like this.

000c:Call d3d8.Direct3DCreate8(000000dc) ret=10c80251
000c:Call
wined3d.WineDirect3DCreate(000000dc,00000008)
ret=40720bc9
000c:trace:wine_d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Created WineD3D
object @ 0x40435938 for d3d8 support
000c:trace:wine_d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Created WineD3D
object @ 0x40435bb8 for d3d0 support
000c:trace:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException code=c0000005
flags=0 addr=0x2
000c:trace:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException  info[0]=00000000
000c:trace:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException  info[1]=00000002

....which is strange because there's no way that
wine_d3d:WineDirect3DCreate can get called twice in a
row like that, especially with a version of 0.

Any ideas what's up?

BTW, thief 3 was working a lot better with 200410~
than with 200412~cvs

I've also got a little patch for oleaut/varient.c to
allow number-string comparisons. There are a couple of
undocumented assumptions I've made,like what to return
for an empty of if the string isn't a number, and the
only thing I've been able to test with is 1 vb
application as I don't have windows, should I post it
to this list or to patch?