Help with some strange debugging.

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 07:27:36 CST 2004

Hi Oliver,

>I've also got a little patch for oleaut/varient.c to
>allow number-string comparisons. There are a couple of
>undocumented assumptions I've made,like what to return
>for an empty of if the string isn't a number, and the
>only thing I've been able to test with is 1 vb
>application as I don't have windows, should I post it
>to this list or to patch?

If you need to test how the native dll works, please write a unit
test case for the comparasons you are interested in (there are a
_huge_ number of variant tests already defined in the
dlls/oleaut32/tests directory).

Run the tests manually from the tests directory as:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="oleaut32=n" wine ./oleaut32test.exe.so <testname>

To check out the native versions behaviour (of course you will need a
native oleaut32.dll in your fake c:\windows\system dir).

for the builtin version run:
WINETEST_PLATFORM="wine" WINEDLLOVERRIDES="oleaut32=b" wine
./oleaut32test.exe.so <testname>

This will catch any regressions from your patch and ensure that
future changes don't break your changes in any way.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com