Includes [1] ntdll

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 10:53:01 CST 2004

Hi,

--- Andreas Mohr <andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:
> Note that some removed include files might be needed for different
> systems,
> so some breakage might/may/will follow this patch.

I deliberately made my script remove only Wines own headers for this
reason. It will not remove system header files. I also manually
checked that nothing within an #ifdef block was deleted. So this
shouldn't cause any problems for other *nices.

If there is an issue it will be with mingw or VC++. But that would
point out an incompatability in our headers with theirs, and that
would be a good thing, IMHO.

> (Gerald Pfeifer will *love* your "nice" work, I'm sure ;-)

I'm happy if Gerald wants to try the patches for beakage before they
are committed...

> But I'd still vote strongly for including it, since it will remove
> lots of cruft.

Yes, its a little crufty as-is. My reasoning is that anything that
reduces my compile times after updates is good, and my laptop takes
quite a while to rebuild Wine, Minimising dependencies helps that.

On a related note, would anyone object to a patch that auto-split
config.h into multiple files during the build process, and changing
makedep to generate dependencies only on the generated config-value
file?

This would be a big win whenever config.h changes. Currently when
config.h changes, 980 files are rebuilt. Using a smarter method would
only rebuild the files that depend on the HAVE_ option that was
changed (which is bound to be a significantly smaller number).

The Linux kernel process does this already, check out
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/smart-config.txt for details.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com