Fwd: Foobar2000 audio player Regression

Nick Hornback vidar268 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 00:55:47 CST 2004

I originally posted this to the -users list, but I was
contacted by Robbert Xerox, who had the exact same
issue, and thus far nobody has replyed in the users
list, so maybe it will get more attention here.

> Foobar2000 worked virtually perfectly in the
20041019
> release (aside from some comctrl32 repainting issues
> -- which native comctrl32.dll fixed), but in
20041201
> it is completely unuseable. Two major problems:

> 1) The toolbars are completely gone. They are
sort-of

http://img20.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img20&image=w1ifoobar.gif

> 2) It takes 100% cpu. In the 20041021 release, it
> hovered around 5% cpu (on my athlon 64 3200+), which
> was excellent because that beat most native linux
> audio players.

> The console log is as follows (no errors or
warnings):
> fixme:hook:NotifyWinEvent (32780,0x10026,-4,1)-stub!
> fixme:hook:NotifyWinEvent (32780,0x10026,-4,1)-stub!
> fixme:hook:NotifyWinEvent (32780,0x10026,-4,2)-stub!
> fixme:hook:NotifyWinEvent (32772,0x1002a,-4,0)-stub!
> fixme:hook:NotifyWinEvent (32772,0x1002c,-4,0)-stub!
> fixme:win:SetWindowTextA cannot set text "" of other
> process window (nil)

> Does anyone know what is going on here?

I have since found out that if you use a the builtin
comctrl32.dll, none of the window repaints at all. In
previous wine releases, using the builtin
comctrl32.dll would just create minor glitches (ex.
the status bar wouldn't update).