Includes [4] shlwapi

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 07:21:04 CST 2004

Hi,

> No, I don't think we want to do that in two steps, since we don't
> want to add headers that are only needed to build a private header.
> For instance many private headers still contain 16-bit stuff, and
we
> definitely don't want to start including Win16 headers all over the
> place.

Right, but the 16 bit header are non SDK headers. what I'm talking
about as the first step is removing SDK headers included from the non
SDK headers in include/. With your example of not removing winuser.h
since it will need to be added in again to the files that use the
private headers, I am suggesting removing the inclusion of winuser.h
from e.g. winpos.h and win.h, and including them in the files that
need them directly. If we hide the source files dependencies in
header files its impossible to remove any uneeded dependencies from
them.

I'll post the script I'm using to clean up the headers and as the
private headers are removed (or periodically) it can be run to weed
out any uneeded dependencies remaining.

In the meantime, I've updated my script to only remove headers that
reduce a files dependencies and will be posting the revised patches
shortly.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com