[AppDB] login problem

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Sat Dec 11 18:52:19 CST 2004

Hi guys,

It's nearly 2 o'clock and I have to wake up early "tomorrow".
I made a very big patch that cleans up a lot of code (thousands of tabs,
bad indentation, etc. and follows the CODING_STANDARD we wrote together.

Of course I didn't had time to clean up every single line of code (I
didn't wanted to use any automated mean to do the cleanup to avoid
problems).

As for the login problem I re-read most of the code and I runned it with
all compatibility options turned off and all warnigns turned on and it
works very well on my local system. I think there is still one $current
occurence somewhere but the problem doesn't come from here.

As for the online version that doesn't work, I think that first thing
would be to put a test page on the server with phpinfo() in it to know
exactly what version of php and what options we are using.

Then we have to understand why in function cmd_do_login() of file
account.php we have something like:

    if($result == null)
    {
        $_SESSION['current'] = $user;
        addmsg("You are successfully logged in as '$user->username'.",
"green");
        redirect(apidb_fullurl("index.php"));
    } else
    {
        retry("login","Login failed ($result)");
        $_SESSION['current'] = "";
    }

And when providing a wrong password we get the error message and when
providing a good password we get no message at all ! The reason why it's
buggy online and works locally using the latest cvs versions is still to
be found...

Finally there are still some register_globals to clean up and when we
are done we can turn off the following options in php.ini:
 short_open_tag = Off
 session.bug_compat_42 = 0
 register_globals = Off
 register_long_arrays = Off

P.S. I send a copy to wine-devel in case someone finds out the solution
before us.