winsock:WS_setsockopt

MediaHost (TM) webmaster at startcom.org
Sun Dec 12 13:35:44 CST 2004

Well, if the setting is win98 instead of win2k, than the output differs
a little. The program tries to connect to a http server and gets the
HEAD of the server / page. That's what's actually doing. Right now it
just fails, i.e. no connection, so there is one (even iexplore connects
happily).

I think this is a problem of the ?Unimplemented or unknown socket level?
and returns a error. This is what the program checks. So if it could
fetch the HEAD of the server, everything would be fine, if not, it
sounds the alarm.

I tried contacting the author, but no reply as of now....Maybe we can
just satisfy the program in an other way, i.e. return it a socket? Any
ideas?

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg
Company: StartCom Linux at www.startcom.org <http://www.startcom.org/>
                MediaHost^(TM) at www.mediahost.org
<http://www.mediahost.org/>
Skype:      startcom <callto://startcom/>