A new systray patch

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon Dec 13 05:26:26 CST 2004

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> We will sooner or later need an Explorer clone, if only for desktop
> mode, and it seems to me it is exactly the right place for the systray
> code.

If by explorer you mean things like the taskbar then yes, maybe once the
winedesktop works gets in (I wonder what happened to that) we'll need
some kind of task switcher/shell program. I don't think we need an
entire file browser - there is winefile but who uses it? What is it for?
There are native file browsers that work well.

Calling it Explorer would imply that it's supposed to do everything
Windows explorer does, which seems a bit dubious to me. It'd be like
calling the wineserver the winekernel.

thanks -mike