Stubs in PE build

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Tue Dec 14 05:06:27 CST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 11:47:11AM +0100, Ge van Geldorp wrote:
> > From: julliard at winehq.org
> >
> > I don't think we want to add a special mode just for stubs;
> > they should really be replaced by proper functions (even if
> > the functions are stubs themselves, at least they can print
> > the parameters and try to return something meaningful instead
> > of killing the app). You can view the lack of stubs support
> > on PE as an encouragement to help us remove them from the
> > spec files ;-)
>
> Seems impossible for functions with unknown calling conventions and number
> of parameters.
What's the problem here?
If you have an app exercising that function, then you have an object
ready for examination already, and if you don't have any app using it,
then you don't have any problem anyway...
OK, mere mortal endusers might have problems with some apps crashing,
but they're easily lost in slightly more severe cases anyway ;)

Andreas Mohr