Stubs in PE build

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Dec 14 08:41:06 CST 2004

Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> writes:

> They also make adding new DLLs easier, as you don't have to submit lots of
> stub functions for every entry point. I guess we could have a script to
> generate them given a header, but still ...

Not adding the functions at all is even easier, and the results are
pretty much the same... As you noted, in general the only advantage of
stubs is that you get a better error message, but that would be fairly
easy to handle at the loader level. The problem with adding stubs
everywhere is that now we don't know which ones are really needed.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org