Stubs in PE build

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Dec 14 12:47:33 CST 2004

Jon Griffiths <jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com> writes:

> I would like to point out again that the VC linker will not generate
> a correct dll unless the ordinal stubs are present. Other native
> linkers may have the same problem. It seems very silly to me that we
> can't use M$'s own compiler/linker to build valid dlls (especially
> since these tools can be downloaded for free these days). M$ defined
> the dll format we are using, after all.

Yes, that's exactly why we need to get rid of stubs; there is no such
concept on Windows. The solution is not to start building a .spec.c
file for MSVC, it's to fix our spec files so that they can work on
Windows without generating extra code. This means replacing the stubs
by real functions.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org