State of the Msi

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 15 09:13:14 CST 2004

Hi all,

  Long time no post :) I just wanted to give an update that Mike M. and
I have done alot of msi work over the first few weeks of December which
caused a few significant changes to particularly action.c where we
eliminated many of the static buffers for file paths and replaced them
with dynamic buffers. Vitaly Lipatov's patchs reminded me that i should
probably give you all a heads up about that. We where going to break
them down and start submitting them but then Mike went off and got
married and is on his Honeymoon. So when he gets back we are going to
either break the changes down into smaller patches or try to get
Alexandre to approve a big one.  I will start trying to get some of the
smaller ones broken down and submitted in the meantime.

Vitaly Lipatov's patchs do not directly conflict with anything so we are
just fine there. I will work them into our tree so that i can be sure
they are not lost. But if anyone else is also doing msi work you may
want to check in here so that we can make sure it all fits together ok.

Thanks,
-aric