Version Detection (this time for dcom98.exe)

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 18 05:55:36 CST 2004

Hi,

one of the first things I normally do after a fresh wine install is
installing dcom98. This wasn't a problem before (use the correct
overrides). Just tell me if I don't need this (anymore).

Installing dcom98 with the current version checking is a different
ballgame. Just running it with WINEDEBUG=+ver,+process shows the
following versions:

DCOM98.EXE
trace:ver:RtlGetVersion <-- Windows 2000 (L"Service Pack 4")

install.exe
trace:ver:RtlGetVersion <-- Windows NT 4.0 (L"Service Pack 6a")

rundll32.exe
trace:ver:RtlGetVersion <-- Windows 95 (L"")

in the trace.

Simply overriding an application is not that easy anymore. dcom98 for
examples launches 3 different executables. (I don't want to set the
general OS override for now).

Any ideas who to proceed with this (in general regarding versioning)?

Cheers,

Paul.