[OLE #10] Make out of process COM work with OXID based marshal ids

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Tue Dec 21 05:03:33 CST 2004

tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net wrote:

> I just want to say that I tried out this patch. It does not fix the
> problem for InstallShield 6. I have a bug report in bugzilla if you
> are interested. Right now AFAIKT InstallSheild is seriously broken
> (for quite some time) and I am unable to use Native ole to workaround
> the problem.

Why does native ole not work?

> If there is anyway I can help this process I please tell me.

If you don't want to assist us in the programming work, then you can
help us by testing things that should work (I'll include a comment in my
message to wine-patches if I think something should start working with
the patch). Each program's InstallShield seems to be unique and they
usually break in unique ways, so any help with testing different
installers would be greatly appreciated.

Rob