[OLE #10] Make out of process COM work with OXID based marshal ids

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Tue Dec 21 06:25:02 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 16:39 -0700, tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net wrote:
> I just want to say that I tried out this patch. It does not fix the
> problem for InstallShield 6.

I'm afraid that's a bit vague, there are still lots of problems with
InstallShield 6 we know about. The patch I posted for me makes the
FashionCam01 installer start up and run to completion again when given a
native stdole32.tlb file, ie it's the same state it was after Marcus
finished his initial work at least for the InstallShield I tried.

All the InstallShields I've seen so far go through the same basic steps
DCOM-wise, though as Rob notes they are also all unique.

Native OLE should still work - is this the REG_EXPAND_SZ issue Bill
mentioned? What exactly is this issue?