Systray patch but explorified

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Dec 23 12:06:04 CST 2004

Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> writes:

> That's a bit vague, how should it be done? I also don't understand why
> the XEMBED code has to be split off, that's the standard way to dock
> tray icons in all modern desktops. If we don't dock the icons, what
> else can we do with them?

The code has to be split off from the explorer patch because it's
independent, you don't need XEMBED to add an explorer process, and you
don't need an explorer process to support XEMBED; and the rule is that
separate changes should be done as separate patches, for many good
reasons.

The other thing that needs to be done differently is that the
WS_EX_TRAYWINDOW flag has to go, that's not Windows compatible. We
need to define an appropriate interface that doesn't involve
overloading Win32 flags.

> > Also the 16-bit calls need to be removed.
>
> I did it that way because when I last asked you how to marshal an
> HICON you said to use the 16-bit functions to get the data. How can I
> marshal the HICON without using GlobalLock16 and friends?

You should be able to do it with GetIconInfo and friends.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org