Going forward with fixing up tests failing because not run on visible desktop.

Jakob Eriksson jakov at vmlinux.org
Thu Dec 23 06:46:47 CST 2004

Followup on tests failing because they are run as an invisible service
on Windows:

Now that we have bRunningOnVisibleDesktop=0 in the report, how do we
make use of it?

Do we mark on the server side which tests fail because of it, or should
we add a flag to
the ok() macro?

I would like to have the information stored in the test code somehow.
It would document implicitly which functions only work in visible mode.

If we had a global variable named "running_on_visible_desktop",
we would have code like this in the tests:

if (running_on_visible_desktop)
{
    ok(EnumEnhMetaFile(hdcDisplay, hMetafile, emf_enum_proc, dx, &rc),
       "EnumEnhMetaFile error %ld\n", GetLastError());
}

Or we could mark them like this:

expect_to_fail_if_running_on_visible_desktop
{
    ok(EnumEnhMetaFile(hdcDisplay, hMetafile, emf_enum_proc, dx, &rc),
       "EnumEnhMetaFile error %ld\n", GetLastError());
}

Where expect_to_fail_if.... should do some magic...

regards,
Jakob