Wine Bug Busters @ 7pm GMT

Brad DeMorrow brad at dancooks.com
Fri Dec 24 13:15:20 CST 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:56:30 +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>
>>Damn, had to miss it. Any impressions from the event? IRC logs?
>

> It was pretty good, a lot of people showed up which was fantastic. I was a
> bit disappointed that those people were mostly already experienced Wine
> developers, I was hoping to recruit some new people :) Still it was only 3
> days after the announcement in WWN so I suspect if one was organised a
> longer time in advance more newbies would appear.

I would have loved to have been there, I've been following the wine
project for a couple of years now, but I haven't quite dug into the code
as of yet.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it for the scheduled
time, but hopefully next time.
     I really appreciate the effort that everyone has put into this
project to make it what it is today, and I would really like to
contribute some of my own time and effort when I get the chance.
     I'm not as well versed on the internals of windows or linux as many
of the people here, however, I do believe I could still prove to be of
some use.  I have a pretty decent background on programming with C/C++,
so that's probably my best opportunity to help.
     Well, Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to wine, I
really do appreciate it, and I hope to talk with many of you at some point.

     Oh, and everyone have a Merry Christmas everyone if I don't get a
chance to say it later!