Windows Admionistrator Rights

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 16:56:30 CST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:46:58 -0800, Kenneth Porter
<shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:
> --On Tuesday, December 28, 2004 2:39 PM -0800 Mark Knecht
> <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing this means WIne is compiled on this machine in a way that
> > doesn't output debug information?
> >
> >    If so (please let me know) then I'll have to look up how to compile
> > to include this output.
>
> I installed my copy on Fedora Core 2 by building an RPM, and WINE is pretty
> chatty, so the default configure options in the RPM spec file must be what
> you need.

I'm on Gentoo. It sticks in my mind that there is a configure option
that turns this on. It's not on by default.

I'm doing this on a relative's Gentoo box right now. On my Gentoo
system at home I have debugging turned on so I'll wait until I get
there in a couple of days and try again with debugging turned on.

My though, having poked around a bit, is that there is a registry
entry for each user that says whether the user has admin rights. I
think that's not turned on, but I don't know if I turn it on whether
it will actually work.

This is all guessing.

Again, Wine is not bombing out at all. I'm just getting a Windows
dialog telling me that I need to be an administrator.

- Mark