build problem on current cvs

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Dec 29 06:55:27 CST 2004

Stefan Leichter wrote:
> this problem confuses me. I have started regession testing. It turn out to be
> a problem of 'out of tree' builds and the name of the directory containing
> the cvs tree. If i use the cvs tree as checked out from winehq widl crashes.
> If i rename the main directory wine of the cvs tree to wine-saved1 widl
> works. It looks like the length of the name makes this difference wine-123456
> works also. Shorter names crash widl but in different files. If i build wine
> in the cvs tree itself it works too.
I'm doing only out of tree builds and my source directories are named
wine. But my path to those wine directories are longer than yours. One
is an absolute path (different file systems) the other two directory
layers more then yours (-I../../../source/wine/include). I never
encountered a crash.

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart