SelectionMark

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Feb 12 08:35:10 CST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Aric Stewart wrote:

> Ahh, doh.
>
> I was playing with the tab space in my editor to try to get some of the
> other indentation in that file to make any sense at all without having
> to reformat large blocks of code, and then it looks like I forgot to
> change it back to my default 4 spaces value when doing modifications to
> my patch.

Please don't reindent that file. Infact, for that file tab should be
the standard 8 spaces, and indentation is 4. There are old blocks of
code still indented to 2 spaces, but this will change as soon as I
get a chance to get back to listview hacking.

In general, it's a real bad idea to play with the size of the tab.
Too many incompatibilities result. Tab should always be 8 spaces.
Otherwise we get problems between people's editors, when we print,
etc. We work in a very heterogenous environment, we need to stick
to standards, and for tab that is 8 spaces. Indentation is another
matter, and I think the prefered indentation for Wine is 4 spaces.
Most editors know to separate these two concepts, we should be fine
from a technical perspective.

--
Dimi.