PATCH: virtual fixes for native mode

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Feb 12 15:30:59 CST 2004

Marcus Meissner <marcus at jet.franken.de> writes:

> This is the next try for assisting loading NT native dlls.
>
> We need non-page aligned access for those drvs, which have sections
> that are not page aligned.
>
> Also some bad magic tries to write the import thunks into thefirst
> page, so we need to map the header r/w too.

I still think you need a separate loading code for these, it makes no
sense to try to mmap sections that aren't page aligned. You should
either mmap the whole file at once if all the sections file offsets
are equal to their virtual address, or else read the sections in by
hand; and you shouldn't try to set memory protections on unaligned
sections, this cannot work.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com