Shlwapi: Add IntlStrEqWorker Functions and StrCmp Tests

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Fri Feb 13 10:57:03 CST 2004

Robert Shearman wrote:

>Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>

>>DBCS chars depend on the locale, you cannot hardcode them in the test.
>>

>Any way of generating them based on the locale or should I just remove the
>DBCS tests?

DBCS is only meant to work if the current locale is an MBCS locale. What
I would try and do is perhaps hard code the Unicode characters, and
convert them to ANSI in runtime. This will let you know whether the
current locale has the relevant characters or not.

I'm not familiar with the exact semantics of the CJK setup, so I can't
tell you whether there is a single Unicode character that exists in all
MBCS locales. In any case, whatever you decide, take into account the
fact that an English setup will, most likely, fail this test.

             Shachar