SHDOCVW: Mozilla Active X control embedding done right

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Feb 14 11:11:40 CST 2004

On February 13, 2004 12:35 pm, Mike McCormack wrote:
> OK, this time I've done it the right way, and it at least works for one
> or two apps, with a screen shot to prove it.

Very cool indeed Mike! One thing that I've noticed is that the code
uses a lot of Mozilla dependent names, but the only thing that's
actually Mozilla specific is the CLSID. Shouldn't we just read that
info from the registry (from some sort of HtmlControl key), so that
people can experiment with other things as well (e.g. IE) just by
changing the configuration?

Another thing:

    +    if( !SHDOCVW_GetMozctlPath( szPath, sizeof szPath ) )

where szPath is an array of WCHAR, so you pass the size in bytes
(sizeof szPath).I hope that's OK (I have to run now, and I don't
have time to look up Reg* docu). :)

--
Dimi.