PATCH: ntoskrnl.exe

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Mon Feb 16 13:33:12 CST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:33:05PM +0100, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Marcus> Hi, This is sufficient to support the first windows kernel
>     Marcus> driver.
>
> Marcus,
>
> that work sounds great!
> Can you explain a little more, how to use, what to setup, what should work
> now, what could work soon and what still needs a lot of work or is
> unreachable?

There is no need for any setup.

secdrv.sys of InstallShield just requires some functions of ntoskrnl.exe, which
I have implemented to a degree it that it functions.

As of working, in Need for Speed v4 from Electronic Arts I now see the SafeDisc[tm]
Splashscreen, then it is seeking on the CD pretty heavily, then the program terminates.

So consider the first step towards SafeDisc support done as soon as they are
merged to CVS.

Ciao, Marcus