DOC: winedump man page

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Mon Feb 16 14:41:49 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 10:12:19AM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On February 15, 2004 07:07 am, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> > I've thought about doing that but the README file is written in the
> > style of a man page. And ripping one part out would make the rest hard
> > to read. A better approach would be to move/rewrite the rest to the
> > Winelib or Wine deveolopers guide and than remove the README.
>
> I'd say let's have most of it in the man page. The rest I think
> can go to the Devel Guide, so that people are aware of the tool.
> We shouldn't add too much in the Guide, just as a small note,
> the rest should be in the man page. Now, since you've done the
Did you have a look at the README? It's more than the man page (or what
would make sense in a man page). Only to put a small note into the
guides would mean to dump a lot of info from the man page.

> man page, can you finish the other bit as well? :))) Thing is
> that you now _know_ what parts of the README have been converted
> to the man page, and I wouldn't want to lose that info. So we
> either (1) delete it from the README as a temporary solution, or
> (2) do the right thing and move it to the Guide.
I think i will go for (1) cause i'm busted in work this week (and no,
i don't consider documentation work as recreation), than 1 week of
skiing, than again a week busted in work.

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart