Screenshot description

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Wed Feb 25 11:13:28 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 10:46, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Paul van Schayck wrote:
>
> > This is my first attemp to do something for winehq. So, are you interested
> > in descriptions for screenshots?
>
> Thank you for your contribution. I think having a description for each
> image is a really good idea. However, I don't think I like having all
> descriptions lumped together in one file. What about this: for a image
> named wine_xx.png, we can create a file called wine_xx.txt in say
> images/shots/ (or in images/shots/description/). Jer?

I also think the idea of having screenshot descriptions is a good idea.
I also agree with Dimi here (say it's not so!), having a simple text
file for each shot. I would use my simple xml parser thing to do it
(since it already exists). You create a file for each shot,
'wine_xx.xml', then get the description with the get_xml_tags() func.

The xml file would look like this:

<screenshot>
  <description>
    hey, you can write stuff here..
  </description>
</screenshot>

then in the code, called like this:

list($description) =
get_xml_tags($file_root.'/images/shots/wine_'.$c.'.xml',array('description'));

Ha!, it seems like I just wrote it all now. I'll add the code, you can
create the XML description files if you desire.

--
Jeremy Newman <jnewman at codeweavers.com>
CodeWeavers, Inc.