dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Feb 25 11:21:29 CST 2004

vishal_wable at yahoo.com wrote:
> I am trying to run a MFC application in Red Hat Linux 8 using WINE (latest
> version).
>
> When i start the application with wine the application performs some intialization
> but when the main window is about to be displayed, the application crashes giving
> the following error.
>
> " fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet"
>
> The application contains splitter windows and a CGfxOutBar Control.
>
> There are a couple of modaless dialog boxes that are displayed on the main screen
> when the application starts.
>
> I am compiling the exe in Visual Studio and then running it using wine in LINUX.

That message isn't the root of your problem, I bet.

http://www.winehq.com/site/documentation has info that might help you.

The most common way to proceed is to figure out where the crash
by turning on more verbose logging with --debugmsg options; see
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-user/command-line-options#CONFIG-PARAMETER

Also, there's a way to use Visual Studio's debugger with Wine remotely,
but I can't see where that's documented.  (Hey, can anyone who knows
how to do this point us to the doc?)
- Dan

--
US citizens: if you're considering voting for Bush, look at these first:
http://www.misleader.org/