NdrClientCall/format string interpreter/stubless proxies

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 08:47:43 CST 2004

Hi Mike,

I have implemented NdrClientCall/NdrClientCall2 and
respective server functions and they are working fairly
well (except for no exception handling and no pipe
support). The thing that was blocking my submission of
the patch was lack of testing. So far I have only
tested on simple types and pointers to simple types.
Full pointers have been implemented, but are not
working correctly. I haven't had time to port my test
program to the Wine test framework and test the rest of
the types.
I have been using references from MSDN on NDR format
strings compared with my own tests based on code
generated by MIDL. I have also used the OpenGroup DCE
specification. (I have URLs for these, but not at hand
and you can probably find them in my previous posts on
the subject.)
I will try to submit the patches tonight.

Rob

>>> Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> 02/26/04 14:36 PM >>>
Hi Rob,

A few weeks back you mentioned you had done some work on implementing
the stubless proxy entry points - can you explain a bit more about this?
In particular, how far away are you from having something submittable,
have you got docs on the format string syntax and how much are you
intending to implement?

thanks -mike