build: avoid Unix file on MinGW

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Feb 27 10:22:32 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 09:19:08AM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> BTW, why do we need the {GLU32,GLUT32,OPENGL}FILES cases?
> Should those just be listed under X files? And shouldn't
> we just build those, and dload() the Unix libs at run time?

We need these special cases as an user can have X installed but not GLU /
GLUT or OpenGL.

And as to why we cannot dload the Unix lib at run time, it would be a bit
like 'why do we not build the X11DRV library all the time and dlsym all the
X11 symbols'.

Basically, if you do not have OpenGL installed, there is no way you will be
able to get Wine's OpenGL library to run. So there is no point to offer some
special 'dlopen' magic to be able to load it on these boxes.

            Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/