Windows dll replacement with Linux library

Dan Timis timis at museresearch.com
Fri Jan 2 16:13:45 CST 2004

Thanks Dimi, and "La multi ani" (Happy new year).

I'm new to this so please bear with me.

First I edited the Makefile and replaced gcc with winegcc.  When I run
"make" I get this error when it tries to link:

could not open .def file for kernel32
Error: /usr/bin/winebuild failed.
Error: /usr/bin/winewrap failed.

Then, I ran ./configure --help and it says that you can use the "CC"
var to specify the compiler.  I started from scratch, set "export
CC=winegcc", then ran configure again.  The output looks like this:

checking whether make sets {$MAKE}... yes
checking for gcc... winegcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

Thanks,

Dan