ntdll / kernel32: #40

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 3 13:26:02 CST 2004

> I don't think I agree with that. IMO the locale stuff should remain in
> kernel32. We can simply set the unix codepage in ntdll the same way we
> set the other codepages.

the only issue I have here is that most of the code needed for
initialisation in has to be called after the unix codepage has been
guessed, which is only possible after kernel32 has been loaded and its
wine specific entry point has been called (which means calling back into
ntdll with wine specific entry points).
So, if I follow you, you would suggest to:
1/ pass the unix codepage (or its table) along the ansi & oem cp
2/ allow, in ntdll.wine_init_codepage, to make further initialization
(which could depend on the various codepages)

A+