netapi32: implement NetServerEnum and NetShareEnum

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Jan 4 13:37:07 CST 2004

Juan Lang <juan_lang at yahoo.com> writes:

> Again, why?  The named pipe server has to support
> multiple accesses, so multiple processes can create
> unique connections to the same pipe, and let the
> server worry about concurrency.  Even if that weren't
> the case, using a synchronization object and shared
> data in the wineserver would be able to control
> access.  In the multithreaded case, you only need to
> implement concurrent control in the dll that
> implements named pipes (most appropriately ntdll).  I
> had to synchronize NetBIOS receives across threads in
> netapi32.dll, and this doesn't seem any harder.

You have to do inter-process synchronization, pipe handles can be
shared between processes. I don't see how you can do that without
putting everything into the wine server, which is the same as putting
it into the kernel except with a large performance hit (and not only
for named pipes, but for all file I/O, since it will prevent many
optimizations). But feel free to prove me wrong; I haven't studied the
protocol in detail so maybe I'm missing something.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com