Will DCOM98 be pulled?

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Mon Jan 5 07:34:24 CST 2004

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:17:28 +0100, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> Nobody has yet added typelib stuff to widl, eh... I guess I could whip
> up a framework or something to help with that, since nobody else has yet
> done it...

Actually, in the last 4 days I recruited somebody to hack on this from
IRC. He seems pretty competent and is currently implementing the
ICreateTypeLib[2] interfaces I think. Alexander (nyef), are you tracking
wine-devel yet?

If you could work on the widl backend of course that'd be fantastic. I'm
still hoping to get back to properly submitting your DCOM/apartments work
soon, but I have 3 or 4 higher priority things on my todo list currently.

I think once those two things are done we'll be able to make do without
native DCOM in like 95% of cases..... we'd still need it for code that
uses NdrClientCall but I think that'd be the only major missing feature
remaining.

thanks -mike