MinGW cross compilation enviroment setup

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Jan 5 09:56:20 CST 2004

On January 5, 2004 10:33 am, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Are you building the rpm's as root? I never do that.

Well, I don't do too much rpm building, and I haven't
changed permissions on /usr/src/redhat:

[dimi at dimi wine]$ rpmbuild --rebuild mingw-3.0-1.src.rpm
Installing mingw-3.0-1.src.rpm
error: cannot write to %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
error: mingw-3.0-1.src.rpm cannot be installed

> Do you have something in your .rpmmacros and/or .rpmrc that messes with
> brp-strip? Cause the spec file has this:
> # This keeps brp-strip from fucking up our nonnative binaries
> %define __strip /bin/true
>
> which works for me.

I don't even have a .rpmmacros or .rpmrc file:
[root at dimi root]# ls /root/.rpm*
ls: /root/.rpm*: No such file or directory
[root at dimi root]# ls ~dimi/.rpm*
ls: /home/dimi/.rpm*: No such file or directory

It's a very standard RH9 installation, I don't usually change
stuff (I just hate configuring things :)).

--
Dimi.